Are You A Nose Jammer?

Whitetail 365

February 22, 2011

Are You A Nose Jammer?

By Dave Hurteau

It’s not as personal a question as it sounds. And I really should phrase it: Will you be a nose jammer this fall? What is a nose jammer? I admit I just sort of made that up, figuring that someone who uses Nose Jammer to jam noses can himself be called a nose jammer.

Anyway, I know that some hunters have used vanilla extract as a buck lure or cover scent, but until now I had no idea that vanillin extract—the primary component of the extract of the vanilla bean, according to Wikipedia, and an important ingredient in Nose Jammer—could be put into a spray can and used to jam the noses of all sorts of big game. Amazing.

The product website doesn’t detail exactly how it’s used, so I’m guessing that you first distract a buck with a decoy or something, and then before it can enter your scent cone you have a buddy jump out of the brush and jam a can of this stuff into each of the deer’s nostrils. The website says the product overloads the buck’s sense of smell, which seems plenty likely.

Hey, it could work.

The site is temporarily under construction so we should have more details soon, but in the meantime I’ll ask you: Do you think you’ll give it a try? Will you be a nose jammer this fall? (Be honest, even if it doesn’t work, the opportunity call yourself a nose jammer is almost too good to pass up.)

from LAKEM0NSTER85 wrote 3 years 8 weeks ago

ha, clever. I doubt I'll be jamming any noses this year.

from Arlo269 wrote 3 years 8 weeks ago

Why not make your own.
1 Empty Spray Bottle
1 4 Oz Bottle Vanilla Extract
24 Oz water to dilute
Bam!!!!!! Just saved yourself time, money, and embarrasment!!!

from buckhunter wrote 3 years 8 weeks ago

Reminds me of "Forget the wind, just hunt" philosophy which cost many hunters good bucks.

from Walt Smith wrote 3 years 8 weeks ago

Ha! Ha! another product that will steer the deer away from the city foke and right to me! Keep em coming!

from idahoducks wrote 3 years 8 weeks ago

Here is another “product” that will have all sorts buying it to enhance their hunting. Sounds like the title should read “Jamming your wallet” again! No doubt there will be plenty of this sold. What happened to working your #ss off and reaping the rewards once the hunt is over?

from NHshtr wrote 3 years 8 weeks ago

I know that bear hunters use anisette and vanilla in their bait buckets, however, I think deer would sense something amiss. But if you find a deer that likes vanilla shakes, you're all set.

Most likely you'll find a deer that thinks "What the heck is that?" and quickly departs in my direction, which will be downwind, you're outta luck!

from schwings wrote 3 years 8 weeks ago

Stupid, plain and simple.

from steve182 wrote 3 years 8 weeks ago

Anything meant to overpower a deer's senses will likely not attract deer but have the opposite effect. I have however made a homemade mixture using vanilla and anise to put in front of my trail cam. Works and smells pretty good.

from antlercrazy wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

I might try it but only so I can call myself a nose jammer. Who knows maybe it works.

from db270 wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

I could see if maybe you introduced it before the season near a food source so they have time to adjust to the new smell and then just sneak in under the cover of the strong, but now normal, scent. Of course, I've used peanut butter and molasses to draw deer into trailcam range before and had pics of deer within hours of introducing those new and unnatural scents... I'll be interested to see more info on it.

from jamesti wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

i don't see me wasting time or money on this one. besides, it might scare them off.

from zlars wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

To all you critics, I had the opportunity of meeting John Redmond last hunting season and trying this product. Let me assure you, this is the real deal! I had reservations about hunting a spot because of a wrong wind, and I am not one to just throw a hunt away. After a long debate, I was told it was guaranteed I would see deer that night. I gave in, sprayed myself down, and headed out, not entirely confident about how the night would go. Once dropped off, my confidence on the night continued to dwindle when I couldn't find the stand I was being sent to. I decided to post up and just ground blind it, backing to a brush pile. Within the hour, I had 8 does within 30 yards of me. They stayed around for about a half hour, and while on their way out, one of the eight came literally within 5 yards of me with her nose in the air. She had no idea I was there! Call me a believer, a NOSE JAMMER! I unfortunately have not been able to hunt since then, but I have only heard more of these amazing stories from people who have used the product. It just goes back to the old saying, "Don't knock it 'til you try it." I promise you, try it once, and you will forever be a nose jammer.

from Whackdaddy wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

There are people who believe in Scent-Lok. Other folks who think it's fine to piss and crap beneath their stands. Both schools will present miraculous stories of defying a deer's nose. In my own personal experience, you hunt with the right wind or you fail 9 times out of 10. If they can scent trail each other for miles through the pheromones in their urine, I'm guessing they can smell a rat beneath all that potpourri.

from bow-hntr wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

I hunted with John Redmond again this year with his new product "nose jammer". Not once did we ever check the wind before heading out. Very odd when you trophy hunting with archery right? Had mature bucks within bow range every day. Ended up shooting my biggest to date 160" down wind. NO carbon clothes, no more washing yourself to death before heading out, No more sraying yourself with a bag full of products that dont' work. I also shot one of the biggest buck on my propery in Louisiana at 15 yards. AGAIN down wind. Coincidence? I'm not buy that!! I refuse to hunt without it again!!

from grcarnes wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Good thinking arlo269 better to use your brain instead of your bank account

from Dances with Deer wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

zlar, try hunting outside the fence once, lol. And bow-hntr, sounds suspicious ... Just sayin' you may be tied to the product?

from Brian Robinson wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

how many gimics will whitetail hunters buy ?

from Dave Hurteau wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

zlars and bow-hntr,
I welcome your comments. Obviously, I had a little fun with the name of the product, and I won't deny for a second I am a skeptic. But I'm a born skeptic--an nondiscriminatory, equal-opportunity cynic.
Still, I would never say unequivocally that a product doesn't work, having never tried it. Your telling us that you have tried it, and you believe it works, makes the discussion far more interesting.
It doesn't convince me, of course. But it is interesting. Thanks for your input.

from bow-hntr wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Dances with deer, not at all tied to product, i wish i was, could quit my day job. Just was fortunate to use the product before you could and had unbelievable results with the product. And for "whitefish" hunters will buy anything and everything to try and give them any advantage over big game you know this as much as i do. The problem with that, nothing worked before this.

from buckhunter wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Have been shooting big bucks with a bow since 1981. Have seen many gimmicks come and go. Never found one better than woodsmanship and shooting skill. Put that is a bottle and I'll buy it.

from talkintrophys wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

wow! fellas this stuff really works. I shot my largest buck of my life this year at 8 yards and I was sprayed down head to toe with Nose Jammer. 11 pt. 154 inches. It's not just another lame product some company produced. This big bruiser came in and was licking every twig on the trail I came down on. He had no idea of my presence. I used this product all year and I had mature does down wind all season. I used to be one of those scent savvy guys and would spray down head to toe upon entering the woods. My clothes stayed in my expensive storage bags until I reached the timber. I wouldn't hunt my best stands because the wind was wrong. All I was doing was missing opportunities of being in my high percentage stands. Not this year. The can says all you need to do is spray the bottom of your boots and you are ready to rock. I did this every time I stepped in the woods, whether it be checking trail cams our scouting. A deer doesn't need to get used to the smell of this stuff. It jams their sense of smell where they can't smell a thing. Let me tell ya fellas, this stuff works. If you like spending tons of money on scent control gimics go ahead. Your just throwing your money away.

from talkintrophys wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

check out talkintrophys.com guys! It is a sweet site for outdoorsman. Think you will like it!

from Dances with Deer wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

OK guys who say you've tried it ... a question for you. Since this stuff appears to be new (if their website is first under construction), what are the odds that not one, not two but THREE of you just happened to have already tried it and got fantastic results with it (two of whom apparently know the owner) AND happen to be F&S blog readers? Hmmm? Look objectively and then tell me that something seems fishy. Where did you get the product last year?

from talkintrophys wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

good question Dances with Deer. I am good friends with one of the guides out there and he gave me a couple of trial cans when they were testing the product. That is how I got my hands on it. But yep it is new and will soon be available for hunters. Come down to the Iowa Deer Classic this weekend and check it out!

from MLH wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Eau d'skunk should work very well, then. Marketing it, apparently, should not be a problem. But now to figure out how to collect and bottle it. I got it - pay someone else to do it!

from talkintrophys wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

yeah man eau d'skunk sounds like an awesome product! How can I go about getting my hands on some?

from zlars wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Dances - john runs a hunting outfitter and deals with numerous hunters every season. Last season this product was in testing and the fortunate were able to try it out. Your skepticism is completely understandable but I'll say it again, don't knock it 'til you try it. I promise you'll be happy to eat your cynical words once you do.

from buckhunter wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Lot of deer hunters on this site. Send Dave some product to disperse to the bloggers. If you earn the Field and Stream seal of approval then maybe you have something.

from wisc14 wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

no thanks. rather spend my money on something else

from Dave Hurteau wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Buckhunter,
It seems you and I are thinking along the same lines. I'm out for a bit, but when I get back I'll see what I can work out.

from Whackdaddy wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

It doesn't take a whitetail's nose to smell a few salesmen in our ranks. The good Lord made something you can't "jam" with household ingredient and a chemistry set. Hunt the wrong wind all you want on your own property boys!

from country road wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Just checking---the only history these propononents of Nose Jammer have is the comments on this particular thread. Coincidence?
I think I'll let somebody else try the product first.

from bow-hntr wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Just think "buckhunter" if this product was available in 1981 how many more animals you would have shot at!! lol. yes, i used the product this year in Minnesota and was truely amazed on how this works, with great footage to show for it. Then was able to use the product in North and South Louisiana and in Mississippi and having all the same results, deer down wind and NOT alarmed. So with that being said, good luck to you all this season.

from buckhunter wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

bow-htr,

The opportunity exist here to distribute your product to experienced hunters around the country, using F&S.com as a vehicle. F&S can simply supply the addresses (with permission of the individual) and you can mail the can.

Results can be sent directly to F&S.com. If the results are bad, nothing more will be said. If the results are good you will receive some sort of certification from F&S (up to the editors) and possibly more free publicity. Sort of a Reader's Choice Award.

F&S has thousands of users who have taken the online survey and would present the perfect test market for product.

I believe this to be a fair trade for free product.

from talkintrophys wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

I understand how many of you think nose jammer is just a gimic. For those of you who are able to harvest big mature deer year in and year out why would you change things up? Kind of like the old saying don't fix something if it isn't broken. I am no salesman for this product boys. I am just a regular joe who enjoys chasing these elusive creatures. Ill be honest they had to really talk me into trying this product out. My success has strictly come off hunting the right wind and just being in the timber. Once I used the stuff I realized these deer had no idea of my presence regardless if they were down wind or not. It is worth a try guys. It won't let ya down

from bow-hntr wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

I'm with you talkintrophys!! I'm not in any way tied to the product. Was just fortunate to be able to use it before most and was had unbeleivable results in the midwest and in the south. Its a product that works and i would NEVER go in the woods without. Period. Now i'm going back to my day job. Golf its 75 degrees in South LA. lol.

from talkintrophys wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

haha must be nice! its about 30 up here. I can't wait until spring. I have been out looking for bone since january. I have been fortunate enough to pick up 17 so far along with a few giants. I am going to be headed out to fair chase with Bobby here when some of the snow melts to find some more. Shouldn't be as hard out there! I just wish we could get Nose Jammer in everyone's hands. The stuff seems to just sell itself.

from db270 wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Amazing that the guys posting unrealistic comments both decided to create profiles at the EXACT SAME TIME and have ONLY commented on this specific blog post... at least make it believable guys! Comment on other pictures, give some thumbs up, upload something, do ANYTHING before trying to sell yourselves as being untied to the product! Feel free to email me for coaching on how to write a believable comment and maybe we can split the kickback you're getting from Nose Jammer! HA!

from bow-hntr wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

The product will sell itself because it really works period!!! They gonna have one less giant. the double drop tine buck. He's now above my fire place. lol.

from talkintrophys wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

sweet dude! Yeah it was a blast getting out there and looking at those deer in velvet last summer. I cant wait to do it again this summer.

from talkintrophys wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

db270 all I see for pics on your profile are ducks and turkey? Thats cool man I love turkey bird hunting too but where are your big buck pics? I am pretty sure ducks and toms rely on their eyes not their nose. Yeah it does look fishy I just got on here. I am part of a social network called TalkinTrophys.com check it out. I saw some buzz on this product so I got on here and wanted to check it out. Maybe the stuff will help you out, it cant hurt.

from bow-hntr wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

sorry for all the confusion to some people. the question was asked "are you a nose jammer?" All i did was post that i did use it, it worked great, i killed some great animals from using it and thats it. Beleive it or not makes no different to me. No extra money in my pocket like you may think. I usually don't "blog" are whatever but since this is a new product and I do have first hand experience with it i decided to comment on it. I'm sorry db270 that i haven't posted on other topics. I'll try my best next time to try and make you happy.

from db270 wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

HAHAHA! This just keeps getting better!

P.S.- the pics of my buck from this year are on page 2 of my photos... spend a little MORE time pretending not to be advertisers/spammers and you would've caught 'em.

from talkintrophys wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

oh no trust me I saw that db270! congrats man, you shot him with a muzzle loader at 100 yards! You sure fooled his nose! haha

from db270 wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Thanks! I attribute my success to the $237 I spent de-scenting myself and everything I own and the $324 I spent in scents to make my area smell again.

from country road wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

TROLLS! Run for you life. TROLLS!

from bow-hntr wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

db270.......you are an interesting fellow. You have no idea who i am nor what i do for a living. But because i only made a profile for this blog and claim to have killed the deer in the pic and others, and i believe that "NOSE JAMMER" is a huge part of the success due to both mature bucks being down wind. I'm automaticly a spammer/advertiser? Really? I didn't comment on any other blog because honestly, i didn't F&S had these blogs. I heard that people were talking about "nose jammer" and i wanted to comment. I did say that all other products that claim to mast human odor that "I" used never really worked, nor did any of the clothes. But i did say that Nose Jammer did. So yea, i guess i'm a nose jammer and i'm betting that most of the readers on this blog will also be "nose jammers" by the end of the year. GUYS, ITS THE RED CAN.

from zlars wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

db - it's obvious you're not a very trusting individual, and that's understandable to an extent. There have been numerous products that have not delivered on promised quality or functionality. But I can promise you one thing. You'll be feeling pretty foolish when you're walking that blood red can up to the cash register a couple weeks into the coming season. If you're the hunter you claim to be, you'll have no choice when you hear nothing but success stories from those who used it. I came onto F&S to support this product, you're right on that part. No ties, no lies, however. I came on here because I heard the product was being blogged about. As having first-hand experience, is it not my story that bloggers are looking for? I came on to help my fellow hunting enthusiasts because I, like most of you, am sick of all the lies in the hunting industry. THIS PRODUCT WORKS!! Plain and simple. Just try it..then I challenge you to be cynical (this may be quite difficult when you have your latest trophy hanging in the garage.) If you still don't trust me, wait a couple weeks into the season, like I said. You'll hear enough to change your mind.

from db270 wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

NOSE JAMMER. Well, you've convinced me that THIS PRODUCT WORKS! NOSE JAMMER. I'll be buying a case of those BLOOD RED CANS as soon as possible- NOSE JAMMER- and become the next "nose jammer." NOSE JAMMER. Dadgum! I can't wait to have so many mature whitetails downwind of me because I used NOSE JAMMER! NOSE JAMMER.

from bow-hntr wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

now you see...that's all you had to say in the beginning, and it would have saved all of us a bunch of typing. lol

from Behrens wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

I too have used Nose Jammer. As listed by other fellow bow hunters on this forum, my results with this are identical to theirs, I had a 5 yr old come in first night using it, then 2 does, then 3 then the hillside was comming full of deer. this is a pattern yes. But they usually pass thru, right out into field like always. This time they all were walking around pawing, feeding, cleaning them selves. ya now that's what a bow hunter likes to see. the deer stayed in my zone so long it was an hour and half before i could get out the stand. Other wise i risked spooking allot of deer that were totally at ease. This stuff is the secret weapon we have all waited for. And this was the first night this went on same way day after day all season long, this year i saw over a dozen deer between 150-170 all in side bow range and at ease/ non spooky, don't care who you are that's a good sing this stuff works. And i too had got the opportunity to try this out in the trial times. Everything has to be try ed first then released to market if ya want it to a good product. So i know hands down this is a good product. If it works on these monster bluff county bucks of Wisconsin and Minnesota. then it will work anywhere. You want deer or what ever your hunting to hang around longer and give you more shot opportunities then, when you see this stuff get it when you can because this stuff is going to be the spot on the shelves that is always empty, and we have all been there when the stock boy goes..... uhh i don't know when were gettin more in. Wow don't be that guy. Sucks

from Whackdaddy wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Never trust a man who uses ALL CAPS and puts a lot of things in "quotes." Regardless, I thought cover scents ran their course a long time ago.

Same whore, different dress.

from zlars wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Stay tuned gentlemen..no doubt we'll see its success this coming fall.

from bow-hntr wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

be carefull behrens..... because you had success with Nose Jammer you must be tied to the company.lol. I find it amazing that 4 people on this blog from totally different areas and states that have used the product and none of us know each other have pretty much all the same success from using the product hunting different places. I can see where one might think thats really fishy or the stuff really works. But the truth is that people are talking about it and the word is getting out there and when this stuff hits the shelf it will sell: 1)because it is the real deal. 2) hunters don't want their neighbors having an edge over them. One more thing, i think "vanillin" and "vanilla" may come from differnt sources. Just some food for thought.

from Bellringer wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Here we go again, just buy the product and pile up the bucks, what the hell ever happened to real hunting? Do any of you ever hunt without killing a big buck? Do you just sit in a stand or get out in the thicket and still hunt you way through? What is it with the shortcuts?
I have 53 deer seasons behind me, I have seen a lot of new products and ideas come and go, along with a lot of hunters $$$. I really believe that most of the cover and scent products for sale are next to worthless in actually fooling a deer's nose. Have fun gents, spend that money for a shortcut to real hunting.

DAVE,

SAVE US FROM THIS INSANITY!

from bow-hntr wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

lol. this is funny. I guess we kicked this dog to death. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

from zlars wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Again fellas..your negative comments have no credibility in regard to this product. Just have a few months of patience and you'll see nose jammer succes blogs everywhere. I know how hard it is to eat your words and go the opposite direction from your initial opinion, but it will sure be difficult not to once you realize how wrong you are. I want to say the wise will purchase the product, but I'm not so sure that's the right wording right off the bat. Education and experience naturally tells you not to waste your money. The people who are willing to take the chance will be the victors, telling of their success stories, thus eventually and inevitably making it "wise" to take the chance yourself. Opinions are just opinions until proven. Credibility is what makes blog comments worth reading. So db270, until you have that credibility and choose to leave productive and worth while comments, leave the blog posts to the big boys huh?

from bow-hntr wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

bellringer good luck on your 54 season coming up. Should be a successful one with Nose Jammer. Sorry i couldn't help myself with that. I think some of you are missing the point and may never get the point. Will you just pile up bucks from now on? silly question, you still have to try and out smart them. Its still called hunting. Isn't that the reason we hunt, to have the feeling of harvesting a mature buck that you out smarted? yep awesome feeling. There's no drug that can make you feel that way. I think the people that use the product is saying that it works and may increase your odds, and that's good enough for me. Anyway, good luck this year with or without Nose Jammer.

from db270 wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

You got it, zlars, I'll give up this Dr. gig and become a worthwhile member of society... maybe a spamming troll hocking a product on a sportsman's blog? HAHAHA! If becoming a "big boy" means resembling your distasteful attitude toward other outdoorsman, then I'll continue being a respectable weekend warrior.

from zlars wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

No no, what I mean is that if you're going to continuously leave comments regarding a product you have no experience with, at least write something that may be worth while for somebody to read, preferrably with any educated content at all. Immaturity does no good to anybody. Either way, this blog is about a product, and one that I support fully, bottom line. We'll just have to wait until fall.

from shane wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Gimme a break.

Why don't we cut through the crap and just buy a deer mount? Who needs to go through all that scouting and years of building experience, knowledge and skill? What a waste of time...

from Pa deer hunter wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

All this has been very amusing LOL. The bottom line is this if it is cheap? what's another can of stuff in my pack. If it works? it will sell it's self.
Like the saying goes fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on ME!

from bow-hntr wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Very well put Pa deer hunter. Seems like so many are so adamant about the product when we all know they will be the first in line to try the product. Shane, you can very well just buy mounts on the internet any size and shape if thats what floats your boat, then you would have no need for nose jammer. lol.

from screename wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

A couple quick things I picked up on... the guy 'talkintrophys' (promoting his site) generates income from companies like "nose jammer" advertising on their site... 'Behrens' i've seen in numerous forums telling the same stories and claim the product is the greatest thing that has ever happened to the hunting industry... I don't think my nose is 'jammed', something stinks...!

from screename wrote 3 years 6 weeks ago

Thanks for removing my comment!?!? WTF?

from pla10 wrote 3 years 6 weeks ago

ok, so zlars may have gotten caught up in the argument, but what screename has to say sums it all up. It is WAY too obvious that there are some "people" on here just trying to sell a product for their own personal gains. Its sad to see what technology has brought to deer hunting. I am only a 21 year old outdoorsman from norhtern minnesota, but i do know this much, I have shot my fair share of deer (all on public land) and enjoyed the outdoors enough without spending money on gimicks like this. All it takes is an understanding of the area you hunt, and a dedication to the outdoors.There is no substitute for the passion of hunting. Its a tradition that should NOT be tainted by gimicks like this.

from pla10 wrote 3 years 6 weeks ago

First of all, there are obviously some "people" that have ties to this company on here. It does not take a genius to figure that out. I am a 21 tear old public land hunter from norhtern minnesota. And I know from experience that you don't need gimicks like this to be successful. It is sad to see what technology has done to hunting. This is one prime example of people taking advantage of new technology trying to make a buck. I totally agree with screename, no arguing with that my man. success in hunting comes from time and dedication, not $$$$.

from logancummins wrote 3 years 5 weeks ago

the best stuff i have used to date is the good ol, dead down wind, i guess id rather make my scent completely vanish, rather than replace it with another!! unless its fresh earth!!

from Dragn wrote 3 years 5 weeks ago

I get a kick out of the people who pretend to be such purists on this site stating that hard work, not shortcuts, makes them a better hunter. Since the beginning of time, man has sought out ways to fool their prey to put the odds in their favor. So at what point in time in our history should we have stopped thinking of better ways to hunt? Maybe all of us compound bow hunters are using an unfair advantage because the bow has too much science behind it now. Shame on all of you who use range finders, binoculars, expandable broadheads, and the list goes on. What happened to the days of hiding behind trees with a spear in hand? Oh the shame!

from bow-hntr wrote 3 years 5 weeks ago

Very Well Put "Dragn". Every single person on this site uses some type of product to have some type of advantage over the game they hunting. "Nose Jammer" is another product. One that actually works.

-2 Good Comment? | | Report
from Whackdaddy wrote 3 years 5 weeks ago

"""""NOSE JAMMER""""" is another crap gimmick of an already overloaded, over-hyped, under-effective product category called """""COVER SCENTS"""""

from ADKHunter wrote 3 years 4 weeks ago

agree whackdaddy

from bow-hntr wrote 2 years 48 weeks ago

whackdaddy, it's not a cover scent. I beleive the site is up and running, go chech it out. I beleive you can actually buy str8 from the site. Don't knock it until you try it. I hope everyone is ok with all the flooding that is going on down the MS River.

from bat man wrote 2 years 35 weeks ago

I love the cynical comments from those who are going to miss a whole fall of nose jammin. I have tried the product successfully in both Minnesota and Nebraska. It works.

$15 buck will change the way you hunt.

-2 Good Comment? | | Report
from Whackdaddy wrote 2 years 35 weeks ago

Glad to see the BUTTJAMMER thread is still alive and crawling with trolls.

from whitetail wrote 2 years 31 weeks ago

Hey guys, I found this thread trying to do some research on this Nose Jammer product I was considering trying out. This is my first EVER post on any website. Kudos to you all for making this thread so interesting to make me chime in.
I am not a professional hunter or a product salesman..quite the contrary. I hunt in MN --90% on public land. I have had moderate success harvesting bucks - no trophies. Maybe I am kidding myself but I like to attibute that to the quality of deer herd and the limited amount of time I get to hunt/scout. I'm sure there are big deer in my areas--just very few and too smart for me. :)

Due to my limited amount of time I have to hunt/scout, I need to take every advantage afforded to me. I see no shame in trying (most) products as long as the challenge of hunting remains intact. I do not rifle hunt for that purpose...to me it is more like target shooting than hunting, you're not actually 'beating' your opponent by sniping him from over 100yds away!
My experience with scent control clothing and cover scents(I know 'Jammer' doesn't like to be called a cover scent) has been inconclusive. I've never noticed deer being spooked by attractants I've tried but never have seen them come barreling in because of them either. My opinion on cover scents is that - at best - they lessen the strength of the odor making a deer 'think' the scent is older or farther away.
With that said, I did order a can of Nose Jammer to try this weekend on the opener. I hope to provide further banter for this thread on Monday! Good luck to you all.

from whitetail wrote 2 years 30 weeks ago

As promised here is my experience....
Because I couldn't force myself to 'forget the wind' I took all my normal scent suppression steps with clothes and DDW, etc.

5:30am -- Sprayed bottom of boots with NJ about 100yds from my stand.

5:50am --up in stand,sprayed 4 second burst on my tree.
(whew!...heavy vanilla smell!)
7:40am -- hear a deer 'blow' 3 times about 50yds downwind of me in thick brush. never saw whether buck or doe.

10:30am - get down from stand.

3:30pm -- arrive at different stand on other side of property closer to field edge.

3:45pm -- spray boot bottoms again.
4:00om ish -- up in stand and spray tree with 4 second burst.

5:40pm -- doe and fawn come up the trail toward me grazing along. I just watch them mill around for 5 mins or so.
5:50pm -- the doe and fawn are abour 20yds past my stand and the wind swirls ever so slightly. I peak over my shoulder and she is on full alert staring back my way--she hasn't pegged me but knows something is wrong. She head bobs for what seemed like an eternity but doesn't move.
Now she begins to work her way 1 step at a time heading toward my downwind side.
5:44pm ish -- as she lifts her head licking and sniffing she gets a major dose of my or the NJ scent, blows and is off like a bat out of hell with her fawn in tow.

Conclusion.....YOU CAN'T BEAT A WHITETAIL'S NOSE--PERIOD!

by the way...I have 1 large can of NJ and 1 small can if anyone wants it. Otherwise I will use it as air freshener at the cabin.

from Dances with Deer wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

from Whackdaddy wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Same whore, different dress.

from Dances with Deer wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

from buckhunter wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

from buckhunter wrote 3 years 8 weeks ago

from Whackdaddy wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

from Bellringer wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

from screename wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

from Dragn wrote 3 years 5 weeks ago

from Whackdaddy wrote 3 years 5 weeks ago

from Arlo269 wrote 3 years 8 weeks ago

Why not make your own.
1 Empty Spray Bottle
1 4 Oz Bottle Vanilla Extract
24 Oz water to dilute
Bam!!!!!! Just saved yourself time, money, and embarrasment!!!

from Walt Smith wrote 3 years 8 weeks ago

from idahoducks wrote 3 years 8 weeks ago

from antlercrazy wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

from jamesti wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

from Brian Robinson wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

how many gimics will whitetail hunters buy ?

from buckhunter wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

from Whackdaddy wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

from ADKHunter wrote 3 years 4 weeks ago

agree whackdaddy

from whitetail wrote 2 years 30 weeks ago

As promised here is my experience....

5:30am -- Sprayed bottom of boots with NJ about 100yds from my stand.

5:50am --up in stand,sprayed 4 second burst on my tree.
(whew!...heavy vanilla smell!)

10:30am - get down from stand.

3:45pm -- spray boot bottoms again.
4:00om ish -- up in stand and spray tree with 4 second burst.

Conclusion.....YOU CAN'T BEAT A WHITETAIL'S NOSE--PERIOD!

from LAKEM0NSTER85 wrote 3 years 8 weeks ago

ha, clever. I doubt I'll be jamming any noses this year.

from NHshtr wrote 3 years 8 weeks ago

from schwings wrote 3 years 8 weeks ago

Stupid, plain and simple.

from steve182 wrote 3 years 8 weeks ago

from grcarnes wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Good thinking arlo269 better to use your brain instead of your bank account

from Dave Hurteau wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

zlars and bow-hntr,

from MLH wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

from wisc14 wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

no thanks. rather spend my money on something else

from Dave Hurteau wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Buckhunter,

from country road wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

I think I'll let somebody else try the product first.

from buckhunter wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

bow-htr,

I believe this to be a fair trade for free product.

from db270 wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

HAHAHA! This just keeps getting better!

from country road wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

TROLLS! Run for you life. TROLLS!

from Behrens wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

from zlars wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Stay tuned gentlemen..no doubt we'll see its success this coming fall.

from shane wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Gimme a break.

from Pa deer hunter wrote 3 years 7 weeks ago

Like the saying goes fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on ME!

from screename wrote 3 years 6 weeks ago

Thanks for removing my comment!?!? WTF?

from pla10 wrote 3 years 6 weeks ago

from pla10 wrote 3 years 6 weeks ago

from logancummins wrote 3 years 5 weeks ago

from bow-hntr wrote 2 years 48 weeks ago

from Whackdaddy wrote 2 years 35 weeks ago

Glad to see the BUTTJAMMER thread is still alive and crawling with trolls.

from whitetail wrote 2 years 31 weeks ago

DAVE,

SAVE US FROM THIS INSANITY!

from bow-hntr wrote 3 years 5 weeks ago

-2 Good Comment? | | Report
from bat man wrote 2 years 35 weeks ago

$15 buck will change the way you hunt.

-2 Good Comment? | | Report