Deer Hunting Tip: How To Speed Scout for Whitetail

Whitetail 365

August 30, 2011

Deer Hunting Tip: How To Speed Scout for Whitetail

By Editors

When scouting during the rut speed is an essential element of success. Use your vehicle or an ATV to stay on top of rubs, scrapes, tracks and fresh signs.

from XPY wrote 2 years 33 weeks ago

Not very environmentally friendly

-2 Good Comment? | | Report
from WesMcCormick wrote 2 years 33 weeks ago

Wouldn't work in my part of the country, but a good tip for others.

Scott I have a question....How can you decipher rubs that were made to shed velvet, and ones made for marking territory?

And also is there a proper way to execute a rattling sequence with your grunt call mixed in?
Never tried rattling before but due to high numbers of bucks on my camera, i think it might have some good success

from Walt Smith wrote 2 years 33 weeks ago

I'd rather hunt during the rut, time for scouting is LONG GONE!!

from NHshtr wrote 2 years 33 weeks ago

For my hunting area, it's difficult to drive between trees in the forest - no roads, no fields.

But during mid-day, carrying a gun of course, I'll drift around looking for fresh sign that may mean a buck coming by later in the day. But I wouldn't call it "speed scouting"!

from WesMcCormick wrote 2 years 33 weeks ago

Wouldn't work in my part of the country, but a good tip for others.

from Walt Smith wrote 2 years 33 weeks ago

I'd rather hunt during the rut, time for scouting is LONG GONE!!

from NHshtr wrote 2 years 33 weeks ago