Cermele: Have Camera, Will Shoot Fishing Videos

The Lateral Line

April 21, 2009

Cermele: Have Camera, Will Shoot Fishing Videos

By Joe Cermele

Here's the scoop. I have been authorized by the powers that be to shoot a fishing show of my own styling for our website, dubbed "Field & Stream Hook Shots." Now, my own styling means loud music and antics, though my ultimate goal with this project is to bring you insider fishing info, tips, tricks, and a generally good way to waste time at work. Wherever I fish this season that I think would interest you guys, the camera comes along. I figure, if you'll watch Hank Parker for 30 minutes on Sunday, maybe you'll watch your old buddy Joe for 10. Presented below is the first official episode on American shad filmed less than two weeks ago on the Delaware River.

In these videos, you will (hopefully) see everything from sharks, to trout, to catfish and beyond. The video series will forever live at fieldandstream.com/hookshots. I'll keep adding episodes to that gallery, and give you a heads up here when a new one is posted.

So tell me what you think. I am certainly having fun filming them, and I hope you have fun watching them, and maybe learn some stuff in the process. Be sure to tell your friends! And by the way, if you're in a band with original recorded music you think would fit in an episode of Hook Shots, email me and I'll see if I can't set you up with a little musical exposure. I'm open to all genres.

JC

from buckhunter wrote 5 years 4 days ago

Very very nice JC. That's a lot of good info in 10 mins. If you take request I'd like to see some fishing with Merle singing in the background.

from streack wrote 5 years 4 days ago

Cermele,

That's some pretty kick ass video work, it's the best fishing show I have watched in a long time. Please keep the Hook Shots coming.

from silsbyj wrote 5 years 4 days ago

GREAT VIDEO!!! Keep them coming...it will give me something to look forward to at work.

from timromano wrote 5 years 4 days ago

Mr. Cermele,

You have certainly upped the ante. Pizza delivery on your boat? How are Deeter and I gonna top that? Nice Work.

from chadlove wrote 5 years 4 days ago

Joe, that's brilliant. It's like John McPhee's "The Founding Fish" - but with a cool soundtrack and minus all those extraneous words.

And the boatside pizza delivery? Stroke of genius. I can't wait for the next installment.

from stumpthumper wrote 5 years 4 days ago

Great video. Keep them coming. How about some hunting ones?

from FloridaHunter1226 wrote 5 years 4 days ago

I enjoyed watching it and can not wait for future episodes. Are you doing the camera work and editing or you leaving that to someone else? I mean it is a great video regardless, I just did not realize you had such video skills.... I'm impressed. By the way, hilarious to get pizza delivered to the boat, never seen/heard/ or even thought of doing that before so kudos. Looked like some good fishing.

from Scottdamott wrote 5 years 4 days ago

Joe Cermele,

That is one awesome fishing show, and I had no idea you were a punker, hells yeah! I thought I was the only one that fished that had great taste in music. ( I realize I'll get some slack for that statement) Anyways great info, makes me wanna go fishing I think the sea trout are running up some of the inlets around here gonna have to go get me some.

(PS you down with Strung Out? How bout some Strung Out sometime, definetly some older stuff though.)

from kirkdeeter wrote 5 years 4 days ago

Very,very nice, Joe. Grab your fly rod, plug in a little blugrass music, and bring that show on the road.

from 2Poppa wrote 5 years 4 days ago

Joe,you hooked it!
I'm diggin' the Shad Dance.
Can't wait for the next video,and tunes.

Hank Parker ain't got nothin' on you ... except maybe a southern twang!

from Joe_Cermele wrote 5 years 3 days ago

Thanks for the props guys...very much appreciate that you guys dig what is basically me goofing off.

Florida, I do all the camera work with help from whoever I'm with and do all the editing, which I really enjoy.

Scott...hell yeah I'm into Strung Out. I know it's later material but Velvet Alley is one of my all-time favorite tunes. Problem with Strung Out is they're copyrighted and would want money. I gotta stick to local bands for now. Know any?

from Pt.JudeJoe wrote 5 years 3 days ago

Joe nice work! This segment has great potential, A nice way to showcase different types of fishing in different areas. Good local info on Bed and Breakfastes too. heh heh Tight lines!

from centerpin_drift wrote 5 years 3 days ago

excellent video, defintally enjoyed it, cant wait for the next episode

from BamaCreekBum wrote 5 years 3 days ago

Nice video. I can't wait to watch future videos.

from shane wrote 5 years 3 days ago

This reminds me of when I was in DC on an 8th grade field trip. I was not aware that shad were anything more than bass food. So when I looked into the Potomac and saw hundreds of foot long shad, I got freaked out.

from Kort Barlow wrote 4 years 51 weeks ago

Awesome film short in every way & great music.At last, a fishing video fully entertaining from start to finish. That was some insane shad dancing, you could clearly see that dude was a full on pro really feelin'it that day. Love the outakes at the very end as well.

Great job, keep em' coming

from streack wrote 5 years 4 days ago

Cermele,

from silsbyj wrote 5 years 4 days ago

from chadlove wrote 5 years 4 days ago

from FloridaHunter1226 wrote 5 years 4 days ago

from Scottdamott wrote 5 years 4 days ago

Joe Cermele,

from 2Poppa wrote 5 years 4 days ago

Joe,you hooked it!
I'm diggin' the Shad Dance.
Can't wait for the next video,and tunes.

Hank Parker ain't got nothin' on you ... except maybe a southern twang!

from Pt.JudeJoe wrote 5 years 3 days ago

from Kort Barlow wrote 4 years 51 weeks ago

Great job, keep em' coming

from buckhunter wrote 5 years 4 days ago

from timromano wrote 5 years 4 days ago

Mr. Cermele,

from stumpthumper wrote 5 years 4 days ago

Great video. Keep them coming. How about some hunting ones?

from kirkdeeter wrote 5 years 4 days ago

from Joe_Cermele wrote 5 years 3 days ago

from centerpin_drift wrote 5 years 3 days ago

excellent video, defintally enjoyed it, cant wait for the next episode

from BamaCreekBum wrote 5 years 3 days ago

Nice video. I can't wait to watch future videos.

from shane wrote 5 years 3 days ago