Tikka T3 -- I've seen several folks really brag up this model of rifle -- some claiming its the best there is. I own one in .300 win mag; it is a very accurate rifle. I also own several other brands: browning, remington, ruger, weatherby, etc. Comparing the tikka to the others this is what I have found:
1. The tikka has the smoothest bolt out of all of them. The thing I don't like is that it is a 2 piece bolt
2. I don't care for the plastic trigger guard. Give me steel.
3. I don't care for the detachable plastic magazine.
4. The tikka is one of the more well balanced.
5. The tikka just *fits* me well. Hard to explain but you guys know what I'm talking about.
I don't own a Sako (tikka is Sako's cheaper line) but I would bet this would be a rifle I would really fall in love with. Most of the items I don't like in the tikka would not be issues with the Sako.
What are your thoughts on the Tikka T3?