Hunter Says Photo Proves He Shot Bigfoot

Field Notes

January 07, 2014

Hunter Says Photo Proves He Shot Bigfoot

By Ben Romans

Though self-proclaimed Bigfoot hunter Rick Dyer claims he shot the mythical beast on Sept. 6, 2012, he hasn’t been able to provide any proof—until now.

Last week Dyer said he was finally able to reclaim the body from investors and released photos of a hairy-faced monster he claims prove his story. He’s already let over 100 people see the body up close and filmed their reactions, but told San Antonio ABC affiliate KSAT he plans to hold a news conference where he’ll display the body and release the test results. After that, he hopes to take the body on a nationwide tour.

“I have been worried for so long. I have been put off for so long, and finally we went up to Washington (state) and we got the body,” Dyer said. “Every test that you can possibly imagine was performed on this body—from DNA tests to 3D optical scans to body scans. It is the real deal. It’s Bigfoot and Bigfoot’s here, and I shot it and now I’m proving it to the world.”

Dyer claimed he baited Bigfoot with $200 worth of ribs before trapping and killing it near San Antonio, Texas. He even produced an amateur film titled "Shooting Bigfoot," but the footage failed to convince skeptics he manufactured anything but a hoax—something Dyer has created in the past. But he said he’s not fooling around this time.

“Bigfoot is not a tooth fairy—Bigfoot is real,” Dyer said. “The most important thing to me is being vindicated, letting people know that I am the best Bigfoot tracker in the world and it’s not just me saying it.”

from RockySquirrel wrote 14 weeks 2 days ago

Watch this turns out to be some old missing hermit and this guy just committed murder.

from MattM37 wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

Putting it on display for people is just what P.T. "There's a sucker born every minute" Barnum did with the Cardiff Giant in Cooperstown, NY (it's still there, by the way, if you want to see it yourself, and if you really really have nothing else to do). But my main question for Dyer is, why were you hunting for Bigfoot in just your boxers?

from Charlie Cummins wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

"Anybody seen Uncle Sy lately?", asked a member of the Robertson clan....

from ChaseDillon wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

Sounds like someone is just craving a little attention

from Denis Dubreuil wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

If this story is true, what made him think that he had the right to kill this being?

from Meats Romo wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

This hunter is a piece of monkey dung. I hope I get to meet him and woop him proper. This is whats wrong with folks today. He just took a life for no reason. Ill make him eat it. I am a hunter and you sir are a coward not a hunter. You should be ashamed of your self. Meats romo just so you know who said it. Mr rick dyer please shoot your self in the head because america already has stupid people running this country and we dont need you to reproduce any more stupid of yourkind.

from TM wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

I've always practiced catch and release with my Yetis. I think it is more sporting.

from Micropterus24 wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

I remember when I saw bigfoot it was back in college someone convinced me it was a good idea to eat a certain type of fungus lo and behold I saw bigfoot never thought to kill him though. Haven't seen him since.

from mayoaaron wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

Denis and Meats sound like they both attend the same yoga class

from Melinda Beeson ... wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

what is so sad about this whole thing is IF it is true, why did he have to kill it???? its not like "they" are a big threat to anyone!!!!

from Mark-1 wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

I just am in all sorts of wonder this guy shot a Bigfoot when I think of all those decades that one dumb, unlucky Bigfoot avoided getting killed by a car.

from Kathi Herrera wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

He really should be ashamed of himself as opposed to strutting and bragging about what a great discovery he made. What gives anyone the right to shoot a creature for simply being unique and unseen by mankind ? It is not like he was hunting it to put meat in the freezer. I think it is really sad that humanity has come to this. If this really was a bigfoot, what did it ever do to deserve being shot ?

from Douglas Aaron wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

can we shoot this guy. If bigfoot is real, why on earth would anyone want to or think they have the right to shoot and kill.

from Daniel Bullard wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

The best Bigfoot tracker? If he got it.....It sounds like he is the best Bigfoot baiter. Kind of like a Master Baiter?

from smccardell wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

Who would have ever known that all these years searching for bigfoot and all it would have taken was a slab of BBQ ribs. Kicking myself!

from smccardell wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

Also, how exactly do you trap bigfoot with a slab of ribs and then kill it. Wouldn't it have been worth more money if he trapped it and let it live? Bigfoot could have gone and joined the little green men in Roswell, NM...

from Kris24 wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

LMAO!!!!! I feel sorry for the poor souls above that are thinking the creature in this story was/is actually real. Wait...no I don't.

Seriously folks????? You actually feel like you need to comment on this topic? Case and point....Kathi Herrera and Melinda Beeson. Don't you have a real anti-hunting rally or some UFO convention somewhere to attend?

To everyone else....remember these folks breed and vote!!! Scary...very scary!!!

from benjaminwc wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

This guy really is an idiot...Bigfoot (Sasquatus magnuspedes) has been extinct in Texas since that late 1800's. Guys so stupid.

from Sani Fornus wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

More bigfoot BS. This guy's another fraud.

from Chris Dieterle wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

First thing that came to my mind was what RockySquirrel said. THIS GUY MURDERED SOMEONE! Even if it is a real "bigfoot", he is an a$$ for killing it. That guy is a real jerk.

And in case you are wondering, yes.... I am an avid, lifelong hunter.

from Matthew Brown wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

Wow! This doesn't look phony at all...Beware if you are cooking ribs on the outskirts of San Antonio. You know one thing's for sure it really makes a lot of sense for a creature that lives in balmy Texas to have long, dense white hair.

from mayoaaron wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

Chris, go to your peta rallies you sissy

-2 Good Comment? | | Report
from smccardell wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

Hey Matthew Brown, he's originally from California and he just frosts his hair. He is stuck in the 80's I guess!

from buriti wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

My mother had some Santa Claus ornaments that had exactly the same face. But since we had Christmas it is unlikely that Mr. Dyer shot Santa.

Anyhow, it looks like someone needs to be concerned with murder charges.

Please, read my blog at awildbeastatheart.blogspot.com

from vasportsman wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

It looks pretty well preserved for a creature shot over a year ago, wonder if the "lab" also did the taxidermy work... What a croc, speaking of labs, where is the lab report? What lab had possession of it and took all these so called samples? What were the results?

from buckhunter wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

I was only a matter of time before the Coleman Cooler folks put a hit out on the Yeti.

from elkslayer wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

While I do not believe in the existence of Bigfoot I find it humorous that so many would be opposed to collecting a new specimen by means of killing it. Most of what we know about biology is from specimens collected in the field for study, and the majority of those collections were by killing the animal.

from Robert Lee Vine Jr wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

I think that Big Foot should be declared status as a man...also human being...? If this is true than this man should have charges brought against him for man slaughter...! What the hell did Big Foot ever do to him except try to keep living...?

from Emmet Barta wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

this is just what most hunters need a nut case trying to shot a two legged walking thing that looks like a human, some one is going to get shot trying to go for a walk in the woods or go hunting, not a very smart idea to let this man try to prove.

from Emmet Barta wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

from Georgeteyler1408 wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

So who performed all of these "tests?" If they were performed by some legit research facility or university it would have already been published. Also, there is no way he would have been able to get the body back. It's going to be another hoax!

from MC Loven wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

This guy is the same guy who gave us the I found Bigfoot dead in the woods story several years ago. Then presented the public with a frozen monkey suit filled with dead animals, like raccoon and skunks. I can't understand why we even give him air time.

from haverodwilltravel wrote 14 weeks 21 hours ago

Arrest him for murder and then video his defense when interviewed by the police. That will end it.

from haverodwilltravel wrote 14 weeks 21 hours ago

from dbudde wrote 14 weeks 21 hours ago

"If Bigfoot researchers wish to be taken seriously, they could start by cleaning their own house. The biggest threat to their credibility is not skeptics nor a ridiculing public but instead those who provide an endless stream of bogus claims and evidence."
Last updated: 7 January 2014
Read the whole truthful article at Snopes

from dbudde wrote 14 weeks 21 hours ago

Thank you F&S for posting ALL the facts on this matter & NOT sensationalizing this CRAP for revenue! (Sar-Casm!)
Also a big thanks for blocking ANY attempt to post the link to the facts.

from Huntchuks wrote 14 weeks 19 hours ago

LOL, did this guy shoot BigFoot out of season? Did he get ticketed yet?

from dbarry wrote 14 weeks 18 hours ago

Kris24: Hey - you commented on it b4 me... :O)

Yeah, I didn't see bigfoot tag when shopping for my tags this year...

from Jaybird1 wrote 14 weeks 17 hours ago

Let's hope not!!! What a dumb ass!!!

from w2e2b wrote 14 weeks 17 hours ago

Hasn't this guy been all over the USA looking for Big Foot? Now he shoots it near where he lives. I'm thinking Big Foot got tired of waiting for this fool to find him and he tracked down the tracker and now he's just pretending to be dead until he gets a chance to say BOOOO and scare the tracker to death!

from R W Mack wrote 14 weeks 17 hours ago

I totally agree with TM, I enjoy sneaking up on them and giving them a big swat with my coup stick. It's a blast and you don't have to harm them! However it is always wise to make sure that you have a clear exit first.

from h2oskate wrote 14 weeks 15 hours ago

Jesus, the idiot shot Dennis Rodman!!

from dfc5343 wrote 14 weeks 14 hours ago

I bet Bigfoot taste good with gravy and potatoes...manatee does.

from RiverratMike wrote 14 weeks 10 hours ago

Up front I think it's a hoax.......But Wait A Minute. This could be wrapped up soonest if, the authorities this knuckle head claims had the corpse for awhile, would make a public statement. Perhaps he would even tell us who they were, Fish and Game, some university, what? Also, since this wasn't a game animal and would have staggering scientific value I doubt they would give it back to him.
OBTW, personally I was an avid hunter until I got old and now I am just a gun nut. Neither I nor most of the people I have known would not have taken this sort of slob shot.

from wittsec wrote 13 weeks 6 days ago

The one thing that would be worse than this hoax would be if it wasn't a hoax. What a sick and twisted mind a person would have to have to want to shoot bigfoot. Also, what is Jacklinks going to do for a spokesperson now?

from AKMATT wrote 13 weeks 6 days ago

I have been hunting small game and big game almost my entire life. When an animal dies, they die with their eyes open. If their eyes are closed, watch out because they are alive or taking a nap. This is a hoax.

from nylebakker wrote 13 weeks 5 days ago

Where do i get a bigfoot tag there are a few in my back yard gettin in my garden, they are worse than the raccoons

from Hoski wrote 13 weeks 5 days ago

F&S editors...shame on you.

from Meng Thao wrote 13 weeks 4 days ago

don't you think this is kind of cruel? you kill something that has never done anything harm to anyone. thats just stupid. there are things out there that are better off left alone!!

-1 Good Comment? | | Report
from veeguy wrote 13 weeks 4 days ago

I I was wondering why I hadn't seen any new Jack Link's Beef Jerky commercials lately.

from Gary Tatro wrote 10 weeks 4 days ago

Now i know why i havent seen my exwife in a couple years.

from elk101 wrote 9 weeks 3 days ago

I call bull on this one. If he had actually shot Bigfoot, it would have been on national news!!

from RockySquirrel wrote 14 weeks 2 days ago

from TM wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

from Denis Dubreuil wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

from MattM37 wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

from Melinda Beeson ... wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

from Meats Romo wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

from Micropterus24 wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

from Kathi Herrera wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

from Kris24 wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

from h2oskate wrote 14 weeks 15 hours ago

Jesus, the idiot shot Dennis Rodman!!

from Charlie Cummins wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

"Anybody seen Uncle Sy lately?", asked a member of the Robertson clan....

from ChaseDillon wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

from wittsec wrote 13 weeks 6 days ago

from mayoaaron wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

Denis and Meats sound like they both attend the same yoga class

from Mark-1 wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

from Daniel Bullard wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

from Sani Fornus wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

More bigfoot BS. This guy's another fraud.

from Chris Dieterle wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

And in case you are wondering, yes.... I am an avid, lifelong hunter.

from buriti wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

Anyhow, it looks like someone needs to be concerned with murder charges.

Please, read my blog at awildbeastatheart.blogspot.com

from vasportsman wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

from elkslayer wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

from Robert Lee Vine Jr wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

from Emmet Barta wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

from Emmet Barta wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

from Georgeteyler1408 wrote 14 weeks 1 day ago

from dbudde wrote 14 weeks 21 hours ago

Last updated: 7 January 2014
Read the whole truthful article at Snopes

from dbudde wrote 14 weeks 21 hours ago

Also a big thanks for blocking ANY attempt to post the link to the facts.

from Huntchuks wrote 14 weeks 19 hours ago

LOL, did this guy shoot BigFoot out of season? Did he get ticketed yet?

from dbarry wrote 14 weeks 18 hours ago

Kris24: Hey - you commented on it b4 me... :O)

Yeah, I didn't see bigfoot tag when shopping for my tags this year...

from Jaybird1 wrote 14 weeks 17 hours ago

Let's hope not!!! What a dumb ass!!!

from w2e2b wrote 14 weeks 17 hours ago

from R W Mack wrote 14 weeks 17 hours ago

from dfc5343 wrote 14 weeks 14 hours ago

I bet Bigfoot taste good with gravy and potatoes...manatee does.

from RiverratMike wrote 14 weeks 10 hours ago

from AKMATT wrote 13 weeks 6 days ago

from nylebakker wrote 13 weeks 5 days ago

from Hoski wrote 13 weeks 5 days ago

F&S editors...shame on you.

from veeguy wrote 13 weeks 4 days ago

from Gary Tatro wrote 10 weeks 4 days ago

Now i know why i havent seen my exwife in a couple years.

from elk101 wrote 9 weeks 3 days ago