Recent Monster Bucks From Wisconsin

Whitetail 365

September 25, 2009

Recent Monster Bucks From Wisconsin

By Scott Bestul

Two winters ago in this space a reader told me I had “an Iowa fetish” after I’d posted several photos of Hawkeye State bucks. Well its time to spread the love (or psychosis, depending on your view) a little.

I’ve already profiled two great Wisconsin bucks this week, and now I've got some more. I can’t help it that huge buck pics from the Badger State keep landing in my inbox, and I also can’t stop my neighbors to the East from tagging behemoths with a frequency that borders on the startling. I’m just a conduit, folks…

Click here or on the photo to see more giant Wisconsin bucks

The first giant pictured above is of a gorgeous, symmetrical 5X5 shot in Buffalo County and rumored to gross-score in the 190’s. Click here to check out a gallery of the rest.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to look for another state to pick on.

from WATCHINDEER365 wrote 4 years 29 weeks ago

THAT DOES IT!!! I'M MOVIN' TO WISCONSIN!!!!
VERY NICE BUCKS!!!!
And nice poses with their deer! Thats more like it!

from Hunt_Hard wrote 4 years 29 weeks ago

Dang! What a beauty!

from buckhunter wrote 4 years 29 weeks ago

Wisconsin has always been up there with B&C whitetail. I don't see how that buck in the picture could go 190 but then again I'm the worst scorer alive. Still a dang nice buck.

from boone04 wrote 4 years 29 weeks ago

The g2s are 13.25 and the g3s are pushing 12 this is what i've been told. I live in the same city as this buck was harvested. (Buffalo county)

from steve182 wrote 4 years 29 weeks ago

Assumming the mainbeams are 24 inches, with the 13 and 12 inch g2's and g3's, it looks to be better than 24 inches wide to me, i can see it easily in the 180's. Great Buck.

from Walt Smith wrote 4 years 29 weeks ago

Did ya see da thurty pointer?

from Don Mitchell wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

thats one hell of a buck.>>.
Walt S.,nice post.

from deadeyedick wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

they must be feeding those deer WISCONSIN CHEESECORN....

from waterdrinker9 wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

That monster looks to have some good spread.

from Mn_Deer_Hunter wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

That is an amazing buck! Congrats. I hunt in wisconsin also and have never seen anything to that caliber of a deer. Just Wow.

from tony167n wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

Yeah those are some very nice deer, i live in MN so if Wisconsin has such nice deer maybe a few of their monsters will wander over my way...

from jbird wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

Man those are some freakin' awesome bucks!!

from buck hunter wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

The reason so many of the big ones come out of Buffalo county is because they manage there deer.I hunt 50 acres in Waukesha county and my biggest is 162". The reason is because no one manages there deer they just shoot all the spikes. By the way those are some nice bucks.

from seadog wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

That's an awesome buck no matter what state it comes from--wow!

from juliaG wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

Great buck, awesome? And you wacked with bow and arrow, even better. Congrats! I wish my state had more deer management. We have too many hunters killing spikes and small 4 pointers. I can't understand why there is not more deer management around the country, it would be better. I know I would hunt the areas more often that let the smaller bucks grow up.

from mwkelly wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

I’m with State Farm Insurance and this week we released the 2009 national deer collision statistics, based on our claims data. They can help keep you and your family safe this season:

• State Farm estimates that 2.4 million collisions between deer and vehicles occurred in the United States over a two-year period.
• The frequency of deer-vehicle collisions is increasing.
• Among the 35 states where at least 7,000 deer-vehicle collisions occur per year, New Jersey and Nebraska have posted the largest increases, 54 percent.

Here is a link for more information: http://ow.ly/rv7R

from Christian Emter wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

Dang dude. That is one nice deer. Congradulations

from fliphuntr14 wrote 4 years 26 weeks ago

that deer is so wide. i live in wisconsin i havent seen a buck like that yet maybe a few more years of management...

from Team Outdoor Ad... wrote 3 years 26 weeks ago

Wisconsin has the biggest bucks check out the individual county entries,unreal Wisconsin doesn't get the credit it deserves ever.

from WATCHINDEER365 wrote 4 years 29 weeks ago

THAT DOES IT!!! I'M MOVIN' TO WISCONSIN!!!!
VERY NICE BUCKS!!!!
And nice poses with their deer! Thats more like it!

from Hunt_Hard wrote 4 years 29 weeks ago

Dang! What a beauty!

from buckhunter wrote 4 years 29 weeks ago

from boone04 wrote 4 years 29 weeks ago

from deadeyedick wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

they must be feeding those deer WISCONSIN CHEESECORN....

from steve182 wrote 4 years 29 weeks ago

from Walt Smith wrote 4 years 29 weeks ago

Did ya see da thurty pointer?

from Don Mitchell wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

thats one hell of a buck.>>.
Walt S.,nice post.

from waterdrinker9 wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

That monster looks to have some good spread.

from Mn_Deer_Hunter wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

from tony167n wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

from jbird wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

Man those are some freakin' awesome bucks!!

from buck hunter wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

from seadog wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

That's an awesome buck no matter what state it comes from--wow!

from mwkelly wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

• The frequency of deer-vehicle collisions is increasing.

Here is a link for more information: http://ow.ly/rv7R