Should Tim Skip Work To Fish New Orleans?

FlyTalk

December 29, 2009

Should Tim Skip Work To Fish New Orleans?

By Tim Romano

Should I go or should I stay? That's the question...

The past couple of years I've been lucky enough to spend a couple of days near the end of January in New Orleans fishing for giant redfish with Captain Gregg Arnold, the Holeman Brothers, and the crew at World Angling Media. Last year was especially good with multiple days of epic fishing and many reds over twenty pounds landed. Even better, Deeter couldn't make it, which meant I got to steal his spot at the front of Gregg's boat.

This year Deeter is going, and he's bringing a friend. Which means I'd have to wrangle up one of the Holeman brothers as a guide, find a place to stay, and, obviously, buy a plane ticket.

My question is; should I go and skip four days of work (putting myself behind the eight-ball early in 2010)? Or should I do the responsible thing, save some money and stay home?

Enjoy the video and if you ever find the yearning to visit one of the coolest cities in America and catch huge redfish on a fly, do yourself a favor and look up any of the characters in this video. They are sure to show you a good time in the Big Easy.

from alabamaoutlaw wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Stay, there is something about a bull red making the drag sing.And your arms so weak that you wonder if you can fight another one.When you wake the next morning you arms feel like you've been beat,catch them when you can Alabamaoutlaw

from Koldkut wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Stay, take a day and hit some tailwaters in this cold weather that has all the fairweather guys staying at home.

from Del in KS wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

The worst day fishing is better than the best day working so stay.

from buckhunter wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

My guess is that no matter where Tim goes he has his camera and thus his work follows him everywhere. I say fish today, work tomorrow.

from MLH wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Shouldn't the question be, "Should I go and make up 4 days of work later? Or should I stay at home and miss a great adventure that I can write off as well as write about and photograph?

from kirkdeeter wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Interesting post Tim... but maybe the headline should have been "Should I go on another epic gonzo adventure with Deeter in the Big Easy, or should I stay home and shop for new pantyhose?"

from Wags wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

I'm kinda with Deeter on this one.....is this really even a question? Additionally, as MLH says, take the camera and technically YOU ARE working AND going on a insane adventure. That's what we refer to as a "win-win" situation.

from jamesti wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

is there really any question here? the answer is, you stay here and send me to help you out and keep you updated so you can keep posting those insiteful blogs we all look forward to. don't let us down! keep blogging! just trying to do my part, tim!

from fflutterffly wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

You are kidding! That is one of the stupidest questions I have ever been asked. And you call yourselves fly fisherman.

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Hey, I skipped work because my 10 year old Grandson wasn't in school that day and wanted to go!

from Woodstock wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Go fishing, Tim. If you should happen to financially sink because of it, we'll organize a bail-out for you.

from kirkdeeter wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

from alabamaoutlaw wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

from Koldkut wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

from Del in KS wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

The worst day fishing is better than the best day working so stay.

from buckhunter wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago