Stuff Your Stocking with Awesomeness while Helping Hurricane Sandy Victims

The Lateral Line

December 03, 2012

Stuff Your Stocking with Awesomeness while Helping Hurricane Sandy Victims

By Joe Cermele

Over the last few weeks I've been helping my good buddies at BDOutdoors.com with a T-shirt design. See, BD makes some killer swag, so when they offered to sell shirts on their site to raise money for Hurricane Sandy Relief, I went to work. Given that BD is West-Coast based, it's nice to know that our fellow anglers on the other side of the U.S. feel the pain of us East Coaster's and are eager to help. Now for only $20, you can help, too.

This old-school tattoo-style striper and bleeding heart was drawn by Jersey Shore artist Skullboy (I happen to be a huge fan of his work). Proceeds from shirt sales are going to Restore Our Shore, a charity organization that helps unite volunteers and raise money for the small, local charities that may not qualify for Red Cross aid.

So no matter where you live, if you're an angler, pick up a shirt for yourself and one for your buddy this holiday season. And the next time you're on the water wearing it, you can smile knowing you're one of many anglers that have come together to help those in need. Click here to get yours.

And to all of you who do buy one, this Jersey Boy thanks you personally.

from clinchknot wrote 1 year 19 weeks ago

Speaking of Hurricane Sandy victims. How long ago was it that the President showed up, and the sleeves were going to be rolled up, and get the recovery effort done in large part. Well there are communities still to this day that the electricity has NOT been turned on!!!!

from jac410@gmail.com wrote 1 year 19 weeks ago

Hi Joe,

Great stuff! Being an avid striper fisherman and originally from NJ, I think this hits the nail on the head. I run a product company with a friend and we were just discussing about charities to donate to during this holiday season. Out product is get popular among the fishing, hunting and outdoor community. Would love to talk to you about getting in touch with Restore Our Shores contact so we can donate proceeds and maybe helping with press to drive awareness. Feel free to contact me at Jonathan@Brewsees.com.

from deanlikes2fish wrote 1 year 19 weeks ago