Cermele: Cold Striper Ice & Hot Honeymoon Bonefish

The Lateral Line

November 24, 2009

Cermele: Cold Striper Ice & Hot Honeymoon Bonefish

By Joe Cermele

Greetings. I've returned from ten glorious honeymoon days in sunny, warm Turks & Caicos and am once again reporting from chilly New York City. There's probably a good half-dozen blogs I can get out of my wedding and honeymoon, but I'm just going to give you guys the short version and get back to fish talk next week.

I told you in my pre-wedding post that I would have some fish-related fun at my wedding. Well, there I am kissing it: a huge ice sculpture of a striper modeled after one on my wall. The sculptor even lit it from underneath with green light, and it was so massive, our wedding cake had to get pushed off into the corner to make room for the ice. Yes, I am slightly tipsy in this photo.

I also received a killer custom lure as a wedding gift and got away with bonefishing murder on my honeymoon. Christen even joined more for a day on the flats. You can see all of the above (including more striper ice) in a little wedding/honeymoon album I put together by clicking here or on the photo.

It's hard to believe it's all over after all that planning, and while I miss the island, it's always nice to come home to a striper bite that's off the hook. We got in late Thursday, rested Friday, and Saturday at sunup, I was back on the bass. I'm hoping the weather holds for the up-coming weekend.

Have any good Thanksgiving fishing plans? - JC

from stormn wrote 4 years 20 weeks ago

Congrats, sounds like a great honeymoon. I am jealous!

from buckhunter wrote 4 years 20 weeks ago

That Hab's lure is killer. What a wonderful gift. You need to give us more information about the company.

Congrats on a good and safe honeymoon.

I only have one question...Turks and where? I assume we are not talking South Jersey.

from Alex Pernice th... wrote 4 years 20 weeks ago

Congrats Joe, and don't lose that lure, the Girl will Kill you. Hopefully your season stays together long enough so you can fish some more. Mine has, got Doc's approval to fish this morning, and am leaving in half an hour for some steelheading. Go easy on the stripers, I want to have some left for me when I get out to NY.

from MLH wrote 4 years 20 weeks ago

A fishing honeymoon ... what a wife. I sure hope that ring is a tight fit. Would be a wrenching feeling watching it slowly sink into the deep blue.

from Big O wrote 4 years 20 weeks ago

No fishing, IT'S DEER SEASON here in Ark !
Congrats to you both (again).
(toast) "To your long and happy lives together" !

from stormn wrote 4 years 20 weeks ago

Congrats, sounds like a great honeymoon. I am jealous!

from buckhunter wrote 4 years 20 weeks ago

Congrats on a good and safe honeymoon.

from Alex Pernice th... wrote 4 years 20 weeks ago

from MLH wrote 4 years 20 weeks ago

from Big O wrote 4 years 20 weeks ago

No fishing, IT'S DEER SEASON here in Ark !
Congrats to you both (again).
(toast) "To your long and happy lives together" !