World’s Best Beard Winner Challenges F&S Whitetail Crew Cut

Whitetail 365

May 17, 2011

World’s Best Beard Winner Challenges F&S Whitetail Crew Cut

By Dave Hurteau

When we asked hairstylist Benjamin Motta to shave a silhouette of a trophy buck onto the back of a model’s head for the opening photo of our August 2007 “Big Buck Boot Camp” feature, we thought the result was pretty damn cool.

To be honest, we were confident it had no outdoor-art-made-of-hair equal. But this morning, Managing Editor Jean McKenna found the photo below.

From news.com.au:
A GERMAN man scooped the title of world's best beard yesterday after impressing competition hosts in Norway with his facial hair featuring a moose and a Norwegian flag. Hairdresser Elmar Weisser, 47, beat 160 hopefuls from 15 countries to take first prize in the World Beard and Moustache Championship, held this year in Trondheim….

To see a gallery of the finalist beards click here.

So two questions: Which is cooler? Which would you rather wear?

from pudgexl29 wrote 2 years 47 weeks ago

the hair cut. most definately. with a beard like that, no girl would come near me haha

from outdoorsman29 wrote 2 years 47 weeks ago

I think both of them are cool works of art. I would rather have the buck though. My decision is due to the fact that I constantly have my head shaved. Oh, and on another spectrum I think the "moose" on the man's beard looks more like a caribou. Way to show your nationality though.

from Douglas wrote 2 years 47 weeks ago

The beard. I got no hair on my head to sculpt.
By the way, that looks like a caribou in that guys beard to me.

from Bioboy wrote 2 years 47 weeks ago

The beard, it is just so epic it cannot be beaten. The sillhouette is cool, but the beard has a 3D model of a deer, it doesn't get any better than that!

from truckee trout wrote 2 years 47 weeks ago

i thought i had a good beard!

from shane wrote 2 years 47 weeks ago

If he's German and has a Norwegian flag and a moose that looks like a reindeer, it's probably a reindeer.

Good ol' media.

"We want to dictate what things (that we know nothing about) you can and cannot kill for reasons we could never understand!"

from scottbestul wrote 2 years 47 weeks ago

This is awesome....

I vote for the beard. For one, its a living sculpture that took time to grow and groom. Second, it's versatile; he could enter other competitions and turn the thing into the appropriate diorama. Finally, the beard guy just seems happy!
Why do I get the feeling the head-shaver could turn around and show you piercings that would scare a child?

from NHshtr wrote 2 years 47 weeks ago

I wonder what other "creatures" may be wandering around in there?

from jamesti wrote 2 years 47 weeks ago

i'd take the haircut. the beard is just too much.

from mexhunter wrote 2 years 47 weeks ago

the beard is just about creepy, i take the hair any day

from scottbestul wrote 2 years 47 weeks ago

This is awesome....

from pudgexl29 wrote 2 years 47 weeks ago

from Bioboy wrote 2 years 47 weeks ago

from truckee trout wrote 2 years 47 weeks ago

i thought i had a good beard!

from NHshtr wrote 2 years 47 weeks ago

I wonder what other "creatures" may be wandering around in there?

from jamesti wrote 2 years 47 weeks ago

i'd take the haircut. the beard is just too much.

from mexhunter wrote 2 years 47 weeks ago

the beard is just about creepy, i take the hair any day

from outdoorsman29 wrote 2 years 47 weeks ago

from Douglas wrote 2 years 47 weeks ago

The beard. I got no hair on my head to sculpt.
By the way, that looks like a caribou in that guys beard to me.

from shane wrote 2 years 47 weeks ago