Please Sign In

Please enter a valid username and password
» Not a member? Take a moment to register
» Forgot Username or Password

Why Register?
Signing up could earn you gear (click here to learn how)! It also keeps offensive content off our site.

Rifles

Remington 700 VTR -vs- Savage Model 10 Predator

Uploaded on December 23, 2009

I am in the process of buying a new coyote rifle. The two new gun that I'm leaning towards are the Remington 700 VTR and the Savage Model 10 Predator. I have likes and dislikes of both, but the Savage is currently leading the way. I am curious if anyone has either and their likes and dislikes. I am going to buy either rifle in the .223 round because I already have a .22-250. Ammo is a little cheaper and I need a gun for a couple friends to use while taking them hunting. Any new info on either gun would be greatly accepted. Thanks.

Top Rated
All Replies
from brw7979 wrote 4 years 16 weeks ago

I would go with the savage. In the last few years savage has really improved there rifles and with the accutrigger and accustock the groups that these rifles can shoot are amazing.

+2 Good Comment? | | Report
from BigBboy25 wrote 4 years 16 weeks ago

I'm a remington Die hard all the way so that is what I would go with. But Savage has really stepped up in the last few years and I would not hesitate to purchase one of their rifles. This probably isn't much help but I don't think you'd be unhappy with either rifle.

0 Good Comment? | | Report
from hunterdude06 wrote 4 years 16 weeks ago

My dad bought one of the VTRs in .22-250 last year. He traded it in toward something without the ports. Porting on a predator caliber is somewhat pointless anyway (there is some arguement for a faster second shot, but if you're not flinching from the noise you should get it the first time), but he hunts without earplugs and the noise level was unbearable with the short, ported barrel. While Remington is my preferred brand for a bolt-action, I would have to vote against the VTR.

+3 Good Comment? | | Report
from spiaailtli wrote 4 years 14 weeks ago

I went with the VTR. All of the reports I read said the ports are up not back and they could tell no difference in noise level. Cabelas also offers the VTR in a 24" barrel that is not ported. If you go with the 223 I would stick with the 20" (22" with muzzle break) but the 22-250 really needs a 26" barrel.

Post a Reply

from hunterdude06 wrote 4 years 16 weeks ago

My dad bought one of the VTRs in .22-250 last year. He traded it in toward something without the ports. Porting on a predator caliber is somewhat pointless anyway (there is some arguement for a faster second shot, but if you're not flinching from the noise you should get it the first time), but he hunts without earplugs and the noise level was unbearable with the short, ported barrel. While Remington is my preferred brand for a bolt-action, I would have to vote against the VTR.

+3 Good Comment? | | Report
from brw7979 wrote 4 years 16 weeks ago

I would go with the savage. In the last few years savage has really improved there rifles and with the accutrigger and accustock the groups that these rifles can shoot are amazing.

+2 Good Comment? | | Report
from BigBboy25 wrote 4 years 16 weeks ago

I'm a remington Die hard all the way so that is what I would go with. But Savage has really stepped up in the last few years and I would not hesitate to purchase one of their rifles. This probably isn't much help but I don't think you'd be unhappy with either rifle.

from spiaailtli wrote 4 years 14 weeks ago

I went with the VTR. All of the reports I read said the ports are up not back and they could tell no difference in noise level. Cabelas also offers the VTR in a 24" barrel that is not ported. If you go with the 223 I would stick with the 20" (22" with muzzle break) but the 22-250 really needs a 26" barrel.

Post a Reply

bmxbiz-fs