I started by taking her almost completely apart. The floor came out, two bench seats with dry storage, the stern seat, and everything inside. I then flipped her over, where she stayed for almost a year. With the help of quite a few people, I redid the entire bottom and outside of the hull. When she was finally flipped upright, she looked like a new boat. At least from the outside. Then it was time to start on the interior, which took much longer than I would have ever thought. There were a few major setbacks along the way, when weeks of work had to be redone, but in the end she was something I was immensely proud of. Thinking back over the last year and a half, I put at least 200 hours into the project—not to mention the time donated by friends and family and occasional consulting with the good folks at Boulder Boat Works.