- Practice using touch-up paint before applying to get a feel for the paint and to check the color match. Use a glossy sheet of paper or metal can as a practice surface.
- Apply in an area with adequate ventilation.
- Use several light coats rather than one heavy coat.
- Allow the correct amount of drying time. Drying times can vary depending on the temperature. If the temperature is below 70°F, the paint can take longer to dry.
- Store touch-up products in a cool, dry location, not in a vehicle.
- Do not spray primer, paint, or clearcoat in direct sunlight.
- Post touch-up, fresh paint is a little soft and its best not to do any hard scrubbing. The solvents in the wax can attack the clearcoat if it hasn't had time to cure.
- Do not wax for 30 days.
- Touch-up products including primer and clearcoats are hazardous. Keep away from children and wear safety glasses and a respirator mask.