- Arizona: Late-season archery hunts for most units in November; more take place in October and December in limited areas.
- Idaho: There are numerous bowhunts available in November and December across various zones.
- New Mexico: Hunters who pay a "trespass fee" to the landowner can find plentiful chances on private land.
- Utah: An extended season is offered for bowhunters who have a general-season archery elk permit that went unfilled.
- Washington: Many late-season opportunities exist throughout the state. Dates vary by area.
- Other States: Colorado and Montana, among other states, allow bowhunters to hunt during firearms seasons, which can run into December.