1. What is the largemouth bass’ scientific name?
A. Macropterus centrarchus
B. Micropterus salmoides
C. Micropterus punctulatus
D. Bucketus mouthetus
2. Largemouth bass are native to which of the following states?
D. All of the above
3. Largemouth bass are found in how many U.S. states?
4. **Which of the following bass fishing rigs commonly has a glass bead as a component?
**A. Drop-shot rig
B. Texas rig
C. Doodling rig
5. **Who is the only professional bass angler to appear on a box of Wheaties cereal?
**A. Kevin VanDam
B. Jimmy Houston
C. Denny Brauer
D. Larry Nixon
6. Bass have good color vision and in clear water can see your lure up to 60 feet away.
7. **Immediately following a cold front, bass typically move to shallow water and become especially aggressive. This is one of the best times to fish.
8. What is the typical maximum life span (in years) of largemouth bass in northern waters?
** 9.** What is the typical maximum life span (in years) for largemouth bass in southern waters?
10. By using its lateral line, a bass can detect and capture prey that it cannot see.
11. Who caught the current world-record largemouth bass?
A. John Perry
B. George Perry
C. Luke Perry
D. Perry Como
12. Which of the following lures is the best choice for fishing murky water?
A. Brown finesse worm
B. Fluorescent rattling crankbait
C. Small in-line spinner
D. Jigging spoon
13. According to a 1996 U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service study, what percentage of American freshwater anglers target bass?
14. What is the weight of the current world-record largemouth bass?
A. 20 pounds 8 ounces
B. 21 pounds 5 ounces
C. 22 pounds 4 ounces
D. ** 23 pounds 5 ounces
15. What company, in 1948, introduced the first modern bass boat?
16. According to B.A.S.S. (Bass Anglers Sportsman Society), how many anglers fish for bass?
A. 18 million
B. 25 million
C. 30 million