Conservation Roundup: Reducing Carbon, Saving Water
Attention Congress: The Public Supports Carbon Cutbacks Some politicians in Washington might say the nation won’t support the cost of...
Attention Congress: The Public Supports Carbon Cutbacks
Some politicians in Washington might say the nation won’t support the cost of carbon regulations because of the impact on businesses, but opinion polls consistently show just the opposite. The latest, by the League of Conservation Voters, revealed 70 percent of voters and small businesses support mandatory carbon cutbacks.
Sportsmen’s conservation groups have long supported the need to reduce carbon emissions because of its’ contribution to global warming, which has already had measureable impacts on fish and wildlife.
Surprise! Wyoming Doesn’t Want to Give Trout Water to Colorado Developer
Some stories make you wonder: Where do these people come from?
That was the overwhelming sentiment of Wyoming residents when they were asked by Trout Unlimited if they supported a private developer’s proposal to pipe water from the Flaming Gorge reservoir area across Wyoming to supply Front Range communities in Colorado. No one could be surprised that 79 percent of those polled didn’t like the idea (No word if the other 21 percent owned property on the Front Range).
In fact, the idea has its’ critics in Colorado, too.