Update: World Record Mako had 200lb. Sea Lion in Stomach, Catch Still Not Submitted to IGFA

It's been more than two months since Jason Johnston made national headlines for catching a 1,323-pound mako shark, which was expected to become the new world record, off the coast of California. And the International Game Fish Association (IGFA) has yet to receive a record application from the angler.

"I talked to one of them after it happened and he said he's been out of the country," said Jack Vitek, world records coordinator for the IGFA, in an article in the LA Times. "We still haven't heard from them."

While the record submission remains in question, the mako's internal organs were recently dissected by a shark biologist from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Johnston had donated the entire shark for scientific research. The organization released a video on Aug. 2 of the biologist examining that mako's last meal--a 200-pound sea lion. You can watch it below, but you might not want to avoid eating while doing so.

IGFA rules state that because Johnston was the one that caught the fish, only he can submit an IGFA world-record application--neither his friend on the boat nor the captain can submit one on his behalf. It takes about 60 days for the IGFA to verify a catch and to give fair notice to other anglers in case someone has caught a larger fish.

Johnston could not be reached this week for comment.

Johnston caught the shark on June 3 while on board a vessel captained by "Mako" Matt Potter and fishing 15 miles off the coast of Huntington Beach, California. He was filming for the Outdoor Channel show, "The Professionals." Word of the catch spread quickly, and the anglers appeared on national news segments and in newspapers--including a spot on the front-page of the Los Angeles Times. Since then, many have criticized Johnston and the crew for killing the fish--although they donated the entire animal to various research and study projects.