Having watched Bryce and a lot of other kids learn to shoot trap in the last three years, here's what I think it takes to become a good shot:
1. Eye-hand-coordination. Mostly, you're born with it.
2. Attention span. Again, you're born with it, but you can develop what you have.
3. Listening to your coaches and learning from them how to diagnose your own mistakes so you can practice good habits, not bad ones.
4. Love of shooting. You have to be absorbed by it.
5. Lots of time and money to spend on practice.