Following the same protocol, I then tested the six aftermarket stocks on the same barreled action. All were easy enough to install, but my path to small groups had a few hurdles. Only two of the stocks came with action-screw torque information. For the other four, I had to call the manufacturers. And it damn sure matters; I intentionally torqued the screws on two of the stocks incorrectly, and the groups went the hell. Also, the front action screw supplied with one of the stocks was too long, and I had to shorten it to keep it from binding the bolt. Eventually, I got all the stocks properly installed and tested them on the range—and just like with my old Roberts, precision did not improve. Unsatisfied, I dug deeper.