Video Series: "The Wild Life with Hank III" Episode 2

Field Notes

August 23, 2010

Video Series: "The Wild Life with Hank III" Episode 2

By Online Editors

When you've got 600 acres of private property to hunt, getting around on foot isn't easy. Join Kyle Turley and Hank III in episode 2 of "The Wild Life" and get the full tour of this hunting paradise in Tennessee. In the next episode, you'll find out whether it's Hank or Kyle that has better chops on the trap range. And if you missed episode 1, click here to watch.

from jakenbake wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

Hank III singing about how he doesn't have a dime while he sits on his "hunting paradise" made me laugh.

from sjsmarais@gmail.com wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

'When you've got 600-acres of private property to hunt, getting around on foot isn't easy'. If the property is a square, you'll encounter the boundary fence every 1555 meters, or roughly every mile. Talk about getting soft...

from Beekeeper wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

Wonder how much game they run off the place riding 4 wheelers? Less than a square mile... if you can't walk it you must really be soft!

from kcozad wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

this video series i sick. keep up the good work!

from jamesti wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

they'll have the place torn up in no time with those vehicles.

from Walt Smith wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

Beekeeper-- Call em what they really are-- lazy!

from blackdawgz wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

Great Playground!

from MLH wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

Nice place. But have to admit ... no horses?

from Hank111 wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

I imagine they were useing the sidebysides mostly to give an off season tour of the property, in a timely manner.I really doubt they will be driveing all over dureing season. Haveing a good road system comes in handy when recovering a big buck.Hank Jr. concerts dureing the 80's. Never missed one within 250 miles. Best times I barely remember.

from shannonday wrote 3 years 33 weeks ago

I want to go turkey hunting with Hank III...

from FunkyWheel wrote 3 years 33 weeks ago

It is really easy for some of you to call the William's soft or lazy. But the facts are you don’t own 600acres. Probably never will. For one you are too busy sticking your foot in your mouth. You should consider showing a little respect for Hank Jr. and Hank 3.

I hunt on 800 acres in Missouri and if it were not for our off road vehicles we would spend more walking than hunting. We use them for clearing brush, cutting wood and numerous other chores. My point is the off road vehicles save time and labor. With that said, have fun at home tonight in your little cramped subdivisions!

from sgaredneck wrote 3 years 33 weeks ago

Funky,
We do have the acreage. We use tractors for work. ATV's are for play. Bee was spot on in his commentary about being soft.

On our place we have a "no ATV" rule during hunting season. The only allowed exception is if there is an emergency. The rule P.O.'d a few folks, but the quality of the hunting and the outdoor experience is better. The last thing I want to hear is someone motoring around while I'm hunting.

I can see where ATV's are necessary and useful. I can also see where they can be wasteful, noisy, play-purties. My negative points now, please.

from ChrisKieck82 wrote 3 years 32 weeks ago

Yes, we all know ATVs are commonplace as toys but you can do light work with them. Tractors are meant for heavy workloads it's true. But you can move faster with an ATV and 600 acres is a whole lot of land. I'm sure if heavy work was needed to be done a tractor would be used.

The whole soft thing kinda bothers me though. 1st, the 600 acres belongs to Hank Jr. - Not III. Hank Jr. has developed that land over the span of 28 years and did a lot of backbreaking work to get it to where it is. III on the otherhand has a small farm in East Nashville.

Y'know they both had to work hard to get what they have. Being a fan, i'm sure i'll get negative comments as well, but everyone's idea of work is different. Not only is III a humble guy, he works hard - On stage and at home. I have nothing but respect for the guy. It's only my opinion.

from Whiskey River B... wrote 3 years 8 weeks ago

Love the video series, Hank. Keep up the great work!

Horns Up.

from blackdawgz wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

Great Playground!

from Beekeeper wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

from kcozad wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

this video series i sick. keep up the good work!

from MLH wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

Nice place. But have to admit ... no horses?

from Hank111 wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

from jakenbake wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

from sjsmarais@gmail.com wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

from jamesti wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

they'll have the place torn up in no time with those vehicles.

from Walt Smith wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

Beekeeper-- Call em what they really are-- lazy!

from shannonday wrote 3 years 33 weeks ago

I want to go turkey hunting with Hank III...

from FunkyWheel wrote 3 years 33 weeks ago

from sgaredneck wrote 3 years 33 weeks ago

Funky,

from ChrisKieck82 wrote 3 years 32 weeks ago

from Whiskey River B... wrote 3 years 8 weeks ago

Love the video series, Hank. Keep up the great work!

Horns Up.